Innovate UK is launching a new competition, offering investment of up to £15 million to innovative R&D projects in order to stimulate new products and services and encourage businesses to find new revenue sources.
Projects are expected to range from £35,000 to £2 million in total costs and should last between 6 months and 3 years.
Applications are split into 2 streams:
- Stream 1 is for projects under 12 months duration and under £100,000
- Stream 2 is for projects lasting longer than 12 months or costing over £100,000
Competition themes are as follows:
Innovation in emerging technologies
- Energy harvesting
- Imaging technologies
- Other areas of emerging technology
Innovation in enabling technologies
- Show benefits across multiple industrial sectors or markets
- Provide new products and services
- Allow new applications for existing products and services
- Enable new capabilities or business models
Innovate UK have also stated they are particularly interested in encouraging proposals that address: Digital technologies with potential to change and disrupt sectors of the economy e.g. distributed ledger technology, AR, VR and Smart technology that provides a richer and more informative output to the end user, to name a few.
If you are interested in applying and want to be sure your project qualifies please see the Innovate UK guidelines.
Competition opens 3 October 2016
Registration deadline: before noon 30 November 2016
Applications deadline: before noon 7 December 2016
Please subscribe to our newsletter to get more monthly updates in news, events and essential reads in the tech startup industry